lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev FORCE_SSL_PROMPT:NO

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: lynx-dev FORCE_SSL_PROMPT:NO
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:46:45 -0400

These are set in my user .profile, not in /etc/profile...; certs are all
world readable.
> Note that the environment variable handling of SSL_CERT_FILE was
> broken in OpenSSL until a few months ago. Are you using a current
> version? I know that it got fixed in the 0.9.7 branch, but I don't
> know about the 0.9.6 branch.

It's 0.9.6j, could be a problem. Just so I understand, _should_ this work
for lynx?

I am not sure that SSL_CERT_DIR has been
> fully tested to see if it really works. What happens if you take the
> self-signed ca_cert and concatenate it to your ca-bundle, and put it in
> the default location (/usr/local/ssl) as "cert.pem"?

Did that yesterday.  Still no certs are found. At all, which is weird. If
this is just an openssl issue then I can poke around with that some more. It
would be nice if lynx made some mention; I suppose it is not an issue with
anyone.

--Stef