lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev another bug in nested tables (dev.16)

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev another bug in nested tables (dev.16)
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:13:19 -0400

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 07:18:15AM -0700, Doug Kaufman wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>
> > This shows overlapping text, which did not appear in previous versions:
> >
> > http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/cursesix.html
>
> I looked with 2.8.5dev.16 using a Cygwin version (compiled with ncurses)
> and a DJGPP version (compiled with PDCurses), and can't see the problem.
> Where should I look on that page?

hmm - it was so obvious...

I was looking at "printw".  The text on that page was run together.  Odd,
but my saved page doesn't show that.  But I can repeat it by going down
the same path.  I went to www.google.com, asked for
        "x/open" printw
and got this result:
   Searched the web for "x/open" printw.  Results 1 - 10 of about 320.         0
                                          Search took 0.37 seconds.            0
                                                                               0
   [Ref: bwg2000-002] Topic: *printw functions                                 0
   ...                                                                         0
   ______________________________________________________________________      a
   _______ Topic:                                                              a
   *printw  functions  Relevant  Sections:  curses.h  Spec: X/Open Curses      a
   Issue 4 ...                                                                 a
   www.opengroup.org/platform/resolutions/ bwg2000-002.html - 2k - Cached      a
   - Similar pages                                                             a
     X/Open Curses Issue 4, Version 2 - Index                                  a
     ... X/Open Curses, Issue 4 Version 2 Reference Pages. ... overwrite       a
      pair_content  pecho_wchar                                                a
      pechochar  pnoutrefresh  prefresh  printw  putp  putwin ...              a
     www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/cursesix.html - 22k - Cached       a
     - Similar pages                                                           a
     [ More results from www.opengroup.org ]                                   a
I selected the "X/Open Curses Issue 4, Version 2 - Index" link, which took
me to the page which is garbled, e.g.,
                                                                               -
     N                                                                         a
       nnapms newpad  newterm  newwin  nl  no  nocbreak  nodelay               a
      noecho  nonl  noqiflush  noraw  notimeout                                a
     O-Q                                                                       a
       overlay    overwrite  pair_content  pecho_wchar  pechochar              a
     pnoutrefresh  prefresh  printw  putp  putwin  qiflush                     a
     R                                                                         a
       raw  redrawwin  refresh  reset_prog_mode  reset_shell_mode              a
     resetty  restartterm  ripoffline                                          a
But checking, I see the copy of lynx I'm running is against the Debian stable
copy of ncursesw (I'm running on a new install).  Comparing with the
non-ncursesw flavor, I don't see the page garbled.  So it doesn't appear to be
a lynx bug (perhaps - but the only way I'll find out is to statically link it
against my current ncursesw - I don't recall a fix that applies to POSIX locale
though).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net