lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.16

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.16
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 20:06:53 +0900 (JST)

> > > + modify LYdownload_options(), adding a link to view the temporary file
> > > if the
> > >   downloaded file is text or html -TD
> >
> > Hmmm.  Somewhat of a duplication (except for the file type check) of what
> > could be done in the distribution lynx.cfg as a DOWNLOADER.  The more
>
> no - it can't.  This change lets me preview a download and not have to
> download the file more than one.

?  If we are talking about 'd'ownloading a file, i.e., hitting the 'd'
key on a link, at least on any Lynx I've used the file is there on disk.
Lynx seems to store the files in the temp directory until you quit Lynx.
I've got 9 options for viewing downloaded files, including one which is a
shell script offering 3 more options.  I can view the file with any of the
options, return to the option menu, and chose to view the file with any of
the other options without downloading the file again.  This process can be
repeated any number of times.  For example I have three different ways of
pre-processing tables and then passing the results to Lynx.  If I don't
like the rendering, I try another.

The reason I made the comment, though, was simply my preference for a
viewer which automatically detects binary files as my second option.  Now
it's third; no big deal.

__Henry