lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev connect_time patch

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev connect_time patch
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 10:31:19 +0900 (JST)

> > > either could, but the point was to provide error-recovery comparable to
> > > the other browsers (that is, the commericial ones, which all handle
> > > this - w3m handles iirc a trailing " >").
> >                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > My point exactly.
>
> point being that it's the easy case.

Right.  Also, from a _manually-editing_ author's point of view, slipping
in a space before the closing ">" is a typo that is more likely to occur
than prefixing the tag name with a space.  (No statistics, just speaking
from personal experience.  I've never done "< ", but I have on occasion
done " >".  How do I find these errors?  Use Lynx's "strict (SortaSGML
mode)", of course.  Put in other words, Lynx NOT doing excessive error-
recovery is an invaluable feature.)

__Henry