lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev A site where cookies don't seem to work

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev A site where cookies don't seem to work
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 12:24:13 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Rick Lewis wrote:

> Fascinating. Accept all cookies is on, persistent cookies is set to true.

I did some more checking. On a Cygwin lynx 2.8.5dev.2, the cookie does
not persist, but on a linux lynx 2.8.4rel.1 it does persist. Similarly,
on lynx 2.8.5dev.8 on SunOS the cookies persist. I'll try to determine
why my Cygwin build doesn't show the persistence of the cookies.

You say that persistent cookies are true. I wonder how you have that
set. You are on shellworld, and Ken Scott was supposed to have changed
the systemwide lynx.cfg file  recently to include the lynx.cfg in your HOME
directory at the end of the file. Do you have PERSISTENT_COOKIES set in your
personal lynx.cfg file? When you run 'lynx "LYNXCFG://"', does it show
PERSISTENT_COOKIES as TRUE?
                         Doug
--
Doug Kaufman