lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Cygwin related

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Cygwin related
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 23:37:05 -0300 (E. South America Standard Time)

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Thomas E. Dickey wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
>
> > Doug's post about distributable Cygwin versions.
> >
> > http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month062001/msg00135.html
> >
> > I have been testing (renaming C:\cygwin) my Cygwin static
> > binaries and they seem to work fine without -DALL_STATIC.
>
> I've read that cygwin "static" binaries are not really static
> because they still depend upon the dll.

True. You always need cygwin1.dll. I noticed it also works if
you place it in the binary's directory.

I don't place it in Windows\system or Windows\system32
to avoid conflicts with a new dll.

> > Is it required ? I always avoided it for Lynx and a few
> > other applications to save time. I just move the binary
> > away and do a make LDFLAGS='-s -static'.

I don't know if -DALL_STATIC is Cygwin specific but without it
I don't get a static binary with some applications. Lynx,
ELinks, and mICQ work. irssi doesn't. Probably because it uses
libtool / creates a lot of .a libraries. I should test with
LFTP.

> > BTW, why does the S-Lang binary not print something about the
> > missing /usr/local/lib/lynx.lss when I use -cfg ?
>
> slang configuration of lynx doesn't support color-style, so
> it won't use the lss file.

I mispelled it. /usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg (my earlier
e-mail).

--
address@hidden, dyndns.org}