lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx incompatible with fastmail.fm

From: clemens fischer
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx incompatible with fastmail.fm
Date: 3 Feb 2003 10:02:58 +0100

Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>:

> oh.  but what I was asking was whether anyone had looked to see if the
> problem is that it uses JavaScript, or whether there's simply a bug in
> lynx.  A copy of the relevant page would help answer that question.

text-browsers don't get JS "enhanced" pages, but the HTML contains
elements like:

<a title="Hide folder tree"
href="/mail2/~19388e2946209cc17b4e2/address@hidden;SMB-MF-TP=0;SMB-MF-SF=4_1;SMB-CF=96351;address@hidden,0">[-]</a>

then i think there was an issue with the commenting.  i just checked
superficially:  the site seems to work from w3m, so it's not that
text-browsers don't work per se.  i remember issues like:  lynx can't
upload files; can't submit emails in lynx with:  "file [to upload]
not found" etc.  this last one was the one that bit me:  the submits
didn't work, neither did the notepad.  fastmail.fm is built from
open-source stuff only, and they do intricate trickery like mad men
on the steam engine.

could the original poster supply some more information, perhaps?

  clemens