lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev anyone using "printer attached to your vt100 terminal" feat

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev anyone using "printer attached to your vt100 terminal" feature?
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:39:12 -0500

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 10:10:10AM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> > A quick look at the code indicates that "screen" normally checks if the
> > terminfo/termcap strings for printer control are defined, and if they are
> > not, will only pay attention to the printcmd option (which wouldn't be
> > useful in this context).
> >
> > Since they're not defined in the Tera Term terminfo, screen doesn't use
> > that information...
>
> Okay, we're getting close.  Thanks much.  Are the "strings for printer
> control" those "mc0, mc4, and mc5" mentioned on the Mutt-users list?
> So you'd put "mc5=\E[5i", "mc4=\E[4i" and "mc0=<WHAT GOES HERE?>" in
> your terminfo description file and run `tic' on it?

yes - for Solaris, etc.

       print_screen              mc0    ps   print contents of
                                             screen
       prtr_off                  mc4    pf   turn off printer
       prtr_on                   mc5    po   turn on printer

screen's documentation only mentions the last two (pf/po).  It probably
filters out the mc0.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net