lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Problem with parameters sent in Lynx

From: Peter Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with parameters sent in Lynx
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 21:42:05 +0100

On Sun Dec 29 20:41:59 2002 Ari Moisio <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>Peter Rasmussen 29.12.02:
>
>>2.From before when I meet the META tag REFRESH I have noticed that Lynx never
>>  continues, but I have to click myself for it to continue, eg. when I go to
>
>  As a blind user i like this feature to refresh page when i have red it
>thru. Of course 0 seconds is special case and probably there is nothing
>to read.

I have no experience whatsoever with blind users of browsers, but that could of
course change.

Is Lynx your preferred browser or are there others that you find better or just
as good? Preferrably they should run on Linux because that is the platform I
have access to.

My interest in asking you is that perhaps I should elevate the importance of
a browser to test my software against. Until now Lynx has only had a nice-to-
have importance, but that was mostly because I had a [it seems] mistaken
assumption about it that it had almost halted in its development. But as I
mostly just need a browser to be able to read and 'cat' text to the screen
even old versions of Lynx were all right, and I didn't care to dig into it.

My mistake :-)
And I am really glad I was!

Peter