lynx-dev

lynx-dev Tru64 core (was: lynx2.8.5dev.11)

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Tru64 core (was: lynx2.8.5dev.11)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:29:22 -0500

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 01:16:48PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 09:37:44PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > > 2002-12-01 (2.8.5dev.11)
> > > 2002-11-11 (2.8.5dev.10)
> > [...]
> > I compiled the above with gcc3.2 on Tru64 5.1,
> > and get a core dump on a large page (e.g.,
> > http://lynx.isc.org/release/lynx2-8-4/lynx_help/Lynx_users_guide.html ):
> The users's guide isn't very large.  I did some testing on Tru64 using
> the vendor's compiler without noticing any problems.  Is this case
> easy (for you) to repeat?

The dump happens on this page every time. I'll try to look for smaller
pages that also fail. I'm using GCC, not the Tru64 native compiler, so
it may be that.

> > Do NOT mail the core file if one was generated. > Lynx now exiting
> with signal: 11 > Resources lost(coredump) perhaps a walkback would
> help.

$ adb
ksh: adb:  not found

$ gdb
ksh: gdb:  not found

$ dbx lynx core
Valid license for one of the following required.
Product OSF-DEVTK (Developer's Toolkit): No license found.
Product OSF-DEVTK-USER (Developer's Toolkit Concurrent Use): No license found.
Product OSF-DEVTK-G (Developer's Toolkit Type G): No license found.
Product OSF-DEV (Developer's Extensions): No license found.
Product OSF-DEV-USER (Developer's Extensions Concurrent Use): No license found.
Product OSF-DEV-G (Developer's Extensions Type G): No license found.
No valid license found in non-kernel debug mode; dbx exits.

<grumble>

------
<http://www.cs.indiana.edu/picons/db/users/net/bcpl/jspath/face.xbm>
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
<http://www.google.com/search?q=web+home+for+jim+spath>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
Alright what do you want me to do?  Let's get it over with.