lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.11

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.11
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 07:28:20 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, Thomas Dickey said:

> Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 09:01:57 -0500 (EST)
>
> maybe.  What the script does is to save the customizations that it finds
> in lynx.cfg and put them on the end of the installed lynx.cfg

"finds"?  How?  Does it do a "diff" against the presumed previous
version?  What if I skip one (or several) versions?  Do the
differences between lynx.cfg two versions back and one version
back appear as customizations to the latter, so enhancements you
made may be regressed?

> If you apply the same changes each time, it "should" mean that you don't
> have to apply the patch to lynx.cfg (since it would be redundant).  It
> might be confusing if you change the customization, since what's installed
> is read last.

I've always put my customizations to lynx.cfg inline, close to the
comment (and the original).  Does this get me in even more trouble?

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL