lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.11

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.11
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 09:01:57 -0500 (EST)

> In a recent note, Thomas Dickey said:
>
> > Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 21:37:44 -0500
> >
> > * change the install procedure for lynx.cfg to attempt to update the file
> > with
> >   the user's customizations if any, and to save the old configuration
> >   information in a series, e.g., lynx.cfg-1, lynx.cfg-2, etc. -TD
> >
> Hmmm.  My install procedure has long been:
>
> o "patch"  Apply customizations to various components, including lynx.cfg.
>
> o "configure".  More customizations in argument list.
>
> o "make".
>
> o "make install".
>
> Will this new facility conflict with my use of patch?

maybe.  What the script does is to save the customizations that it finds
in lynx.cfg and put them on the end of the installed lynx.cfg

If you apply the same changes each time, it "should" mean that you don't
have to apply the patch to lynx.cfg (since it would be redundant).  It
might be confusing if you change the customization, since what's installed
is read last.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden> <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com