lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: 2.8.5dev.7 crash on Cygwin

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: 2.8.5dev.7 crash on Cygwin
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 19:29:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> > > i admire your abilities to analyse this wide variety of bugs on so
> > > many different platforms, but i've just got to know:  how did gdb and
> > > strace make the bugs disappear?
>
> Not sure I understand, but did you fix the crash ? And if it's
> a Cygwin problem, do I need to report it ?

I'm reasonably sure it's a Cygwin problem, but haven't reduced it to a
small program.  It's likely that if I point to ncurses and show how I
fixed the bug, it'll be ignored unless it's reduced to a one-page program.

(But it wouldn't do any harm to report the bug)

> Anyway, as soon as you release 2.8.6dev.9 I'll reboot on
> Windows and make Cygwin and Windows binaries.

ok.  I'm making progress on dev.9, but not completed yet.  I've caught up
with about 2/3 of my backlog, but am starting to go stale on this patch,
so I'll probably wrap it up in the coming week.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net