lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev -anonymous broken in 2.8.4?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev -anonymous broken in 2.8.4?
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 18:26:31 -0400

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 11:10:30PM +0100, RobertM wrote:
> Mea Culpa,

no - c'est moi...

> However when lynx is being used by a specific anonymous user you can
> edit many of these things by:
>
> KEYMAP:!:DO_NOTHING             # Spawn default shell
> KEYMAP:d:DO_NOTHING             # Download current link

true.   I haven't seen much response for a while regarding this type of
configuration (but did get some inquiries recently).

> I think I fixed this by both making the file non writable, as well as
> editing LYOptions.c to not even give the anonymous user the option.

it would be nice to make it automatic.  I see this is a change between
2.8.3 and 2.8.4 which was overlooked.

> > For #1 I have CAN_ANONYMOUS_GOTO_FILE set to FALSE but it appears that
> > -anonymous causes the file_url restriction to be turned off thus
> > allowing the file: to work.
>
> Hmm, you're right it is allowed when going by a link. This is most
> bad.

2.8.3 allows me to do this, too.

> > For #3 I cannot find any lynxrc/options settings that apply when
> > -anonymous is used in userdefs.h/lynx.cfg.
> >
> > Same for #4.  None of the lynx.cfg/userdefs.h settings seem to apply to
> > downloading to disk when -anonymous is used.
> >
> > My userdefs.h and lynx.cfg are virtually identical between 2.8.3 and
> > 2.8.4 which is why I'm a bit confused.
>
> Many apologies, you do seem to be correct on all counts.

but is the behavior different between 2.8.3 and 2.8.4?  A quick check of
the 2.8.3 in my /usr/bin seems to behave the same way (aside from allowing
a save of the .lynxrc file).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net