lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.4rel1 on HP-UX 11i.

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.4rel1 on HP-UX 11i.
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:00:17 -0400

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 02:16:33PM -0400, Arne Sagnes wrote:
>   It should be added, of course, that Lynx works perfectly well outside
> the "outer" application.  If I execute Lynx on the command line, it
> works just fine.

I should read the subject line, too, but have a habit of just reading the
text...

I was debating whether to mention that I have observed for example that HPUX's
curses implementation doesn't reset terminal modes properly when asked to (but
didn't see any system mentioned in the text).  The conventional scenario for
running a subprocess from a curses application is to use endwin().  But there
are specific functions for manipulating the terminal modes e.g.,
reset_prog_mode() and reset_shell_mode().  Those don't work (I do some
workarounds in my directory editor to accomplish this).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net