lynx-dev

lynx-dev New 2.8.5dev.8 Cygwin binaries

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: lynx-dev New 2.8.5dev.8 Cygwin binaries
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 22:59:56 -0300 (E. South America Standard Time)

Hi. I just (re)compiled 2.8.5dev.8 against OpenSSL 0.9.6g.
Releases prior to 0.9.6e contain security problems.

The static binaries, which at first were made only to avoid the
OpenSSL requirements (cygcrypto.dll and cygssl.dll) are now
"fully" static. I followed Doug's message -
http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month062001/msg00135.html
and now they only require cygwin1.dll and the cygwin terminfo
file, both available at the same location,
http://www.pervalidus.net/Windows/devel/browsers/lynx/

I now use gzip -9 to compress the files. Use gunzip or WinZip
or... to uncompress them.

S-Lang binaries will follow.

Let me know if I missed any configure option. They're all
listed in Contents.txt. Report Lynx bugs to the mailing-list,
not me !

--
address@hidden, {dyndns.}org} ICQ: 156552241
Tel: +55 (21) 2717-2399 (with voice mailbox)