lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx idle-loop

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx idle-loop
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:53:02 -0400

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 04:07:53PM +0200, Gisle Vanem wrote:
> Isn't there some sort of idle-loop that is called while Lynx is waiting for
> a keypress?
>
> I once committed this change for Watt-32/djgpp in HTdos.c:
> ----------------------------------
> int getxkey (void)
> {
> This no longer (as of 2.8.4dev?) works; tcp_tick() isn't called. Hence
> ping's and closing sockets aren't handled.
>
> In LYstring.c there is "#define GetChar getxkey". I tried to follow this
> code, but failed to understand how keypresses are read.

I think if you focus on LYgetch_for() in src/LYStrings.c, you should be
able to follow the logic from that point upward.  There's no idle-loop,
but if GetChar() returned EOF with errno=EINTR, it would have that effect.

Does it not call getxkey()?  That's all that the ifdef's would control.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net