lynx-dev

lynx-dev How to search BACKWARDS, eg vi's "/"

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev How to search BACKWARDS, eg vi's "/"
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 04:38:07 -0400

"/" searches fwd & down.

Seems to be no way to search BACKWARDS, like:

 ?foo?  does in vi
 ESC /  does in mutt
 \foo\  does somewhere that I can't recall -- oh,
          yes -- kernighan & plauer's book & tools
          Software Tools (formed a pseudo-unix shell
          and cmds (man section 1) way back in
          late 70's before Bell/AT&T freed up unix
          a bit.

Lynx, if it already doesn't have it, really needs
a reverse-search, especially for super-long documents
with, say, lots of links (my lynx_bookmarks.html
has 3,500 links -- many dead, I suppose).

(No, I didn't look at any release-notes, only at
the K-page and that never-ever-updated manual.)

Thanks,

David Combs