lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Is this lynx problem or my mistake?

From: Atsuhito Kohda
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Is this lynx problem or my mistake?
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 08:03:35 +0900 (JST)

From: Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 05:24:44 -0400

> It sounds as if they expect lynx to treat a given document as if it
> had the ISO-8859-8 character set - in case lynx's setting for assumed
> character set is not that already.  More information about that would
> be helpful.

I asked the reporter and got reply as follows;

  This is a problem to be reported to upstream. There is a problem
  with ISO-8859-8-I and ISO-8859-8-E, but not with ISO-8859-8.
  I want Lynx to treat -I and -E exactly as it treats ISO-8859-8
  today, instead of treating it as an unknown charset.

So I think lynx is expected to support ISO-8859-8-I (and -E).

Best regards,                    2002.7.14

 Atsuhito Kohda <address@hidden>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.