lynx-dev

lynx-dev address@hidden: some problems]

From: Hataguchi Takeshi
Subject: lynx-dev address@hidden: some problems]
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 12:56:27 +0900 (JST)

I'm forwarding this mail, because the original sender said to me that
he couldn't see it in the FLORA archive after a half day he has sent
it to lynx-dev.

Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 11:48:21 +0900
From: vortex5 <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: some problems

Dear, developpers.
Thank you for wonderful software.

I would like to report some problems.
Excuse me for my English.

My versions are Windows 95 ported, ver.2.8.5 dev8.

(1) On "Visited Links Page"
I can't change sorting method by the popup menu.
I've confirmed this since 2.8.4 rel1.

It will work, by changing a form option string,
"visited_pages_type" to "visited_links" in src/LYHistory.c.

(2) lynx.rc (and lynx.cfg?)
I'm setting "visited_links=FIRST" on my lynx.rc.  But lynx
can't recognize this on startup, it always sets a default value.

To compare strings from lynx.rc and internal, LYgetEnum() in
"src/LYrcFile.c" uses strncasecomp(), I believe.

This time, string "FIRST" may match twice, "FIRST" and
"FIRST_REVERSED". Then LYgetEnum() returns FALSE, and the
default value is turned to be set.

Instead of using strncasecomp(), strcasecomp() solves this
problem. But some side effects might occur, because I don't
know the purpose of using strncasecomp() here.

LYgetEnum() was merged from "src/LYReadCFG.c" on 2.8.5 dev5.

(3) FTP path (DOSPATH related? no problem?)
Visiting a FTP directory, like "ftp://xxx.xxx.com/pub/";,
lynx sets the title to "C:\pub\". Is this a normal behavior?
I've confirmed this since 2.8.4 rel1 enabling DIRED_SUPPORT.
Without DIRED_SUPPORT, not occurs.

Thank you.