lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Can't access FTP server

From: Ian Collier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Can't access FTP server
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 17:35:25 +0100

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 07:37:03AM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> something like that.  But trying with FTP_PASSIVE set, I still cannot
> connect.

Ah, I forgot that this option was in lynx.cfg...

Anyway, it's the same deal.  The FTP server wants one PASV command per
transfer, but lynx does PASV, RETR, LIST (for some reason the ftp server
disconnects when you say LIST without saying PASV first; whereas if you
omit the RETR and do several LISTs then it just says "cannot build data
connection" unless you give it a PASV or a PORT for each LIST).

The server greets with "220 ProFTPD 1.2.5rc1 Server" and this appears
to have its home page at http://proftpd.linux.co.uk/.  You[0] could
experiment with it and/or report it as a bug in the ftp server.

imc
--
[0] meaning "someone" :-)