lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Mailing from Lynx with Pine

From: Ian Collier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Mailing from Lynx with Pine
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:43:48 +0100

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 08:18:34AM +0100, David Woolley wrote:
> - Pine appears to have made an inappropriate choice of MIME encoding for

Pine is well known for base64-encoding plain text attachments.
Bit of an irritation if you ask me, but most modern mail clients
are well able to deal with this transparently.

> this email; is it really that good a mailer?  (Also, I believe References
> in email should exclude the In-Reply-To article.)

I don't think so [see above]; I think the References: header is stolen from
NNTP, where it contains as many as possible prior articles including the
immediately previous one.

imc