lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Problems - Need help with LYNX Software

From: clemensF
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problems - Need help with LYNX Software
Date: 4 Apr 2002 22:09:27 +0200

> Smith, Tracie:

> answering my questions.  Please email me step by step instructions for
> setting up a new job and it files as well as downloading pictures from other
> computer files and a card reader as well.

press `*' to have lynx reload the page *with* image links.  position the
cursor on an image, then press `d' for download.  follow the instructions
on the screen.

to view the pictures, you might need a change of the lynx.cfg.  had you
reported your operating system and version information, i might have told you
more.  i have this in "/usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg", which is the unix version:

-------------------- 8< -----------------------
# Unix:
# =====
# XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND will be used as a default in src/HTInit.c for
# viewing image content types when the DISPLAY environment variable
# is set.  Make it the full path and name of the xli (also know as
# xloadimage or xview) command, or other image viewer.  It can be
# anything that will handle GIF, TIFF and other popular image formats
# (xli does).  The freeware distribution of xli is available in the
# ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib subdirectory.  The shareware, xv, also is
# suitable.  You must also have a "%s" for the filename; "&" for
# background is optional.  The default is defined in userdefs.h and can be
# overridden here, or via the global or personal mailcap files (see below).
# If you use xli, you may want to add the -quiet flag.
#
#XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND:xli %s &
XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND:xv %s &

.h2 VIEWER
# MIME types may be assigned to external viewers using
#
.ex 7
VIEWER:application/postscript:ghostview %s&:XWINDOWS
VIEWER:image/gif:xv %s&:XWINDOWS
VIEWER:image/x-xbm:xv %s&:XWINDOWS
VIEWER:image/png:xv %s&:XWINDOWS
VIEWER:image/tiff:xv %s&:XWINDOWS
VIEWER:image/jpeg:xv %s&:XWINDOWS
VIEWER:video/mpeg:mpeg_play %s &:XWINDOWS