lynx-dev

lynx-dev https addresses, accessible flight schedules

From: Antonopoylos Panagivths
Subject: lynx-dev https addresses, accessible flight schedules
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:23:17 +0200 (EET)

Dear Listers,
I have only subscribed to the list last afternoon, and this is my first
posting, so I apologize, should my questions be off-topic.
        Like many others, I am a subscriber to Britannnica online, and I
have accessed the text files pretty well so far.  Yesterday I received a
notification of an updating for their site, which however, prevents me
from loging in, because lynx is not capable of handling https addresses.
Since I am not a technical person, my question is, is there a way around
this?  I am using version 2.8 of lynx.  Should there be something simple I
could do, I would be grateful for instructions.
        The other question relates to lynx accessible databases for
international flight schedules.  I had spotted some extremely useful ones
for detecting flights, such as Oag, but, to my horror, I found that almost
all of them have become java orientated, and thus, not usable by lynx.  If
anyone knows of any such site, still accessible, I would be also grateful
to hear about.  Please bear in mind, that my interest is for international
flight schedules, not just US domestic ones.
                                With Best Regards,
                                Panagiotis Antonopoulos