lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Overriding mime types

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Overriding mime types
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:42:16 -0500

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 03:29:52PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 08:22:22PM +0100, Danny Ayers wrote:
> > Will this actually be presented as image/svg+xml coming from file? I can't
> > see any mention in the trace (though I'm not familiar with these traces).
> >
> > I don't suppose you could try
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG-access/simplenetwork.svg ?
>
> hmm - this is a different problem - the server sets the Content-Type, which
> makes it an image:
> short answer: I don't know if there's a way to override that (that is, to
> force that MIME type to be rendered as html).

somewhat longer: my understanding of this part of the code is that the
part that must be adjusted is done only internally in HTInit.c using
the HTSetConversion() functions.  There's no lynx.cfg setting which
touches this, but adding a call that duplicates the function of this

 HTSetConversion("application/html", "www/source",
                 HTPlainPresent, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0);

with something like

 HTSetConversion("image/svg+xml", "www/source",
                 HTPlainPresent, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0);

might make the code do what you need.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>