lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev latest status on java script support?

From: clemensF
Subject: Re: lynx-dev latest status on java script support?
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:25:11 +0100

> Martin McCormick:

>       I have now installed lynx2-8-5 on a Linux system and
> added the -g flag to the Makefile so I have been tracing access
> to a web site to try to figure out what happens.  I certainly

the `-g' in the CFLAGS don't give you tracing of the web sites you visit,
use the trace command (default bound to CTRL-T, this is a toggle) for that.
the `-g' instructs the compiler to reduce optimization and propably enable
debugging of the code, at least it makes analyzing crash dumps easy,
because it will keep stack frames and variable names in the binary.  but
you would need to use eg.  gdb(1), the gnu debugger to visualise the added
information.

clemens fischer