lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev latest status on java script support?

From: Leslie Fairall
Subject: Re: lynx-dev latest status on java script support?
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 15:03:53 -0500 (EST)

As a blind person myself, I don't believe we would have a case at all.
Jaws for Windows makes Internet Explorer accessible which supports
Javascript. Many blind people have abandoned their Unix shell accounts
because they believed they would have better access to the Internet in
Windows. This is not true in the case of email, but the belief has
merit in the case of the web. Those of us who still enjoy using our shell
accounts are forced to use Windows products for some tasks, even though we
would prefer lynx and other text-based programs. It is my belief that more
blind people would have stuck with their shell accounts if lynx supported
Javascript and ultimately met their overall needs.