lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev another problem with highlighting

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev another problem with highlighting
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:53:24 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

> From: Hataguchi Takeshi <address@hidden>
>
> > I tested these versions of Lynx and got same results.
> >   - Lynx2-8-5dev.2
> >   - Lynx2-8-5dev.7
> >   - Lynx2-8-5dev.7 with a patch I posted on 7 Feb 2002.

(on my to-do list - I'm swamped by a critical project for my day job)

> I tested with Lynx2-8-5dev.7 with a patch you posted on 7
> Feb 2002 and also I tested with 2.8.4rel.1
>
> My system is Debian/woody and kterm is of 6.2.0 and ncurses
> library is (perhaps) of 5.2.20020112a

barring subtle bugs, I would expect ncurses 5.0 and 5.2 to behave
similarly here: neither is aware of multibyte characters.  It would
be interesting (but I'm not sure where to start) to see whether ncursesw
can improve things here.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net