lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.5dev.7 uses all CPU

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.5dev.7 uses all CPU
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 15:03:58 -0500

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 05:31:30PM -0200, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> I don't know if it's a bug or something with my system, but
> for me Lynx starts using all CPU doing the following:
>
> 1- http://www.ibazar.com.br/
> 2- Click "Cadastro" and accept all cookies
> 3- Click "[accepte.gif]"
>
> The last message is "Data transfer complete."
>
> Attached is a trace (I sent a SIGTERM).

I can reproduce this (will look into it this evening, to see where the time
is spent).  Attaching with gdb and looking to see, this chain appears to
be "where" (but "why' is something that'll take some looking):

0x805cb19 in HText_trimHightext ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x805cb19 in HText_trimHightext ()
#1  0x805c7a9 in HText_endAppend ()
#2  0x80a057d in HTML_free ()
#3  0x80d0ba9 in SGML_free ()
#4  0x80a15e4 in CacheThru_free ()
#5  0x80df9d0 in HTMIME_free ()
#6  0x80c33c1 in HTLoadHTTP ()
#7  0x80bfe18 in HTLoad ()
#8  0x80c017e in HTLoadDocument ()
#9  0x80c05c2 in HTLoadAbsolute ()
#10 0x8067c19 in getfile ()
#11 0x8073563 in mainloop ()
#12 0x806a22e in main ()
#13 0x40084577 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net