lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev file://localhost/foo/ X file:///foo/

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev file://localhost/foo/ X file:///foo/
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 19:02:32 -0500

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 09:52:28PM -0200, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> BTW, compiling 2.8.5dev.7 fixed my zlib problem reported some
> time ago, when http://freshmeat.net/ and other mod_gzip aware
> sites stopped sending gzipped files. Now it works. I don't
> know what changed. The same configuration, binaries, and
> libraries. The only change is that I recompiled the same zlib
> some days ago. If it worked for local files, I have no idea
> why it failed for remote. But OK, solved (and I like it with
> tmpfs).

perhaps this:

2002-01-01 (2.8.5dev.6)
* amend change in 2.8.5dev.2 to HTLoadHTTP() to omit "Accept-Encoding:  gzip"
  ensuring that also -source or -dump option is used.  Retesting excite.com
  shows that it no longer matters, since the page was replaced by a short
  javascript which is not sent compressed (request by Hataguchi Takeshi) -TD

> And I noticed flora partially fixed the archives. But January
> contains 1 message (a SPAM), and February some. November and
> December are still missing.

yes - I've seen some activity.  There's a mailing list for that, which
I get some stuff (but my replies don't go anywhere ;-).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net