lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Windows resizing problems, again

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Windows resizing problems, again
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 08:39:22 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, David Balazic said:

> Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 14:12:21 +0100
>
> If the lynx windows is made bigger than the initial size,
> then the screen contents are corrupted ( mostly things appear at

An afterthought:  Sometimes resizing works better if environment
variables LINES and COLUMNS are _not_ set.  Are these variables
set or unset in your environment?

There's also some spaghetti code (partly my fault) in src/LYCurses.c
having to do with newterm(), initscr(), and resizeterm().  You might
investigate:

o do the calls to initscr() happen?

o do the calls to newterm() happen?

o is newterm() redefined in a macro as initscr()?

What trace output do you get when you resize the screen?

Tom:  Would you like me to add some more CTRACEs in the
resize code in LYCurses.c?

-- gil
--
StorageTek