lynx-dev

lynx-dev Has anyone gotten the latest lynx to work with the Yahoo servic

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev Has anyone gotten the latest lynx to work with the Yahoo services?
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 13:20:39 -0500 (EST)

It appears that yahoo services now require https for all pieces.
I'm finding that even though my lynx 2.8.5dev.5 is configured with openSSL
and works with other sites like SF.net, attempts to log into yahoo contine
to fail.

I get the initial screen.  I select the Sign in link.
I fill in my yahoo id and password.  I turn on lynx trace.  I press submit.
I get back to the entry screen with no error msg indicating a failure.

The resulting trace is 5200 lines long.  I can compress it and mail it to
someone if they would like.

Here's the weird thing - after the https page which is used by login
for verification, the next thing I see is:

Data transfer complete
HTTP: Picked up location 'http://groups.yahoo.com/'
HTTP/1.1 302 Found
HTAccess:  status=399
HTAccess: 'https://login.yahoo.com/config/verify?.done=http%3a//groups.yahoo.com
/' is a redirection URL.

   relatedName:`'
HTParse:      result:groups.yahoo.com

   relatedName:`'
HTParse:      result:
Entered HTAnchor_findAddress
Anchor 3855f8 with address `http://groups.yahoo.com/' already exists.

followed by some stuff, followed by :

LYGetHostByName: Resolved name to a hostent.
HTParseInet: Parsed address as port 80, IP address 216.115.97.140
Making HTTP connection to groups.yahoo.com
TCP: Error 150 in `SOCKET_ERRNO' after call to this socket's first connect() fai
led.
        Operation now in progress
TCP: Error 150 in `SOCKET_ERRNO' after call to this socket's first select() fail
ed.
        Operation now in progress
HTParse: aName:`http://groups.yahoo.com/'

--
Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.
Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>