lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Accept invalid cookies

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Accept invalid cookies
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 14:30:30 -0400

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 01:45:01PM -0400, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> From: Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>
>
> > I only recall that you said the fix I made worked (no further details past
> > that).  Though you seem to have run into the same problem with config.cache,
> > so perhaps you don't have a current version (or is this a different bug).
>
> This wasn't the cache related problems.  This had to do with groups.yahoo.com
> using some kind of weirdly bad cookies that apparently were so bad
> they didn't fall into lynx's category of invalid cookies.

This (the fix I made, plus a followup fix) was what I recall:

2001-06-10 (2.8.4pre.2)
* corrected order of parameters of is_prefix() function in the
  scan_cookie_sublist() function, broken in dev.21 changes (report by Ken Scott
  <address@hidden>) -TD
2001-06-02 (2.8.4dev.21)
* modify cookie path prefix-comparison to ignore a trailing slash, e.g.,
  /group/sftvnews/ versus /group/sftvnews (workaround for LV visiting
  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sftvnews) -TD

> P.S. I was able to get the new lynx to build.  It's just the latest ncurses
> that I'm still not able to build.

yes (some odd problem with your environment, I think - we can revisit that if
you have time)

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net