lynx-dev

lynx-dev LYNX: can I validate html via EMAIL?

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev LYNX: can I validate html via EMAIL?
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 21:33:17 -0400

Here's what lynx "?" gives me:

HTML validation services:

     * [26]W3C HTML Validation Service
     * [27]WDG HTML Validator

Well, that w3c thing wants me to either move the
file to a web site, which I don't have readily at hand,
and the "you can also upload it, enter its name here"
entry demands a LINK NUMBER.  Beats me.

The wdg thing wants money, or lets me do a trial
download for 30 days.

----

There *must* be some way I can simply email the html
file to the validator, no?  (Some years ago, I recall
that that method *was* listed in the lynx help
page -- maybe it can be put back, or if it is there,
somewhere, dup it onto the validation page too,
the "obvious" place to look for it.)

Anyway, where do I email an html to?

Thanks

David