lynx-dev

lynx-dev Lynx and SSL

From: Patrick Ash
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx and SSL
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 15:47:08 +0000

Since Lynx now has hooks for OpenSSL built in, I have written some
code to provide a status line message that will give the user info on
the level of encryption for the current page. I have put this into a
macro in lymainloop.c and mapped it to a key combination.

The macro uses "#ifdef USE_SSL"  to determine if SSL support is built
into Lynx. The problem I am having is that with just#ifdef USE_SSL,
the macro does not execute. If I add an #else, the error message
prints fine.

why does the ifdef fail here?  Does lymainloop.c not know about SSL
when it is compiled? Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Thanks.
Pat