lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx and mp3 files

From: Martin McCormick
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx and mp3 files
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 19:29:44 -0500

Thomas Dickey quotes and then writes:
>> One solution I can imagine is, when file extension is mp3, create some m3u
>> or mpl file in the temp directory and stream the mp3 file.
>>
>> Has this already been evoked before?
>
>yes - Doug Kaufman questioned whether we're setting binary mode properly
>in all places (no definite report, but some concerns after I tried fixing
>some of the inconsistencies).

        Can lynx handle m3u files?  I go to a site that has a
particular audio feed in both m3u and as one big mp3 file.  I
presently have added the path to mpg123 so that I can choose to
simply listen to the file which is temporarily stored while
playing, but it would be good to be able to handle a m3u file,
also.  I looked in one of those m3u files and it is just a series
of urls to smaller mp3 files that, when played in the right
order, give one the whole program.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Center for Computing and Information Services Data Communications Group