lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Failures building 2.8.4rel.1

From: Matt
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Failures building 2.8.4rel.1
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 16:05:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> > FreeBSD Arevagni.cygoth.com 3.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE #0: Thu Sep 16
> > 23:40:35 GMT 1999     address@hidden:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386
>                               ^^^
> hmm - I have a 3.1 on one of my machines, but neglected to retest that.
> (actually I also have a 2.x as well, but it's not network-capable, so
> I don't often build on that configuration).
>
> I built/tested on FreeBSD 4.0, NetBSD 1.5 and OpenBSD 2.8).  The underlying
> problem with FreeBSD 3.x is that it has ncurses 1.8.6, which (if it weren't
> hacked up) would build normally but couldn't do color-style (it's missing some
> definitions as you note.  I'll take a look at the 3.1 & see if what's to be
> done.  (I do regular test-builds on Linux with versions of ncurses from
> 1.8.6 to 5.2, which is simply a matter running a script for an hour).

Well, I downloaded ncurses 5.2 and its patches built it into $HOME and still
get the same error. How can I tell for sure which ncurses lynx is trying to
use? ~/lib is the first thing in LD_LIBRARY_PATH and I did a 'make clean' and
killed config.cache and config.status and reconfigured and ran 'make' again.

I'm out of ideas here, now.

--Matt

P.S. I hate installing software under $HOME ;)