lynx-dev

lynx-dev shouldn't lynx behave better if it can't find startfile?

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: lynx-dev shouldn't lynx behave better if it can't find startfile?
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 15:55:16 -0700 (PDT)

Uhh, I accidentally nuked my bookmarks file the other day..

So now lynx does:
Can't Access `file://localhost/home/mattack/lynx_bookmarks.html'
Alert!: Unable to access document.

lynx: Can't access startfile

and quits back to the prompt.. (yes I know I can just give it a url at the
command line).

Basically, it seems to me this is another case where a CLI program can do
a better case of error recovery..

If it can't find a startfile, come up with a blank page, go to lynx.browser.org,
or something..  anything EXCEPT go back to the prompt.