lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev feeding input to lynx-ssl on stdin?

From: bomfog34
Subject: Re: lynx-dev feeding input to lynx-ssl on stdin?
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 13:28:07 -0700

On or about 22 Jun, 2001, Harland Christofferson
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks. I tried as you suggested but the switch is
> not supported by the version of lynx I have
> (Lynx Version 2.8.3rel.1 (23 Apr 2000)
> libwww-FM 2.14, SSL-MM 1.4.1, OpenSSL 0.9.6a
> Built on linux-gnu Jun 13 2001 20:02:05)
>
> I have the Debian dist. of linux and 'apt-get'ed lynx
> from one of the dist. sites. Should I be using a different
> version of lynx?

You need at least 2.8.4dev5, circa July 2000.  You'll have to compile it
yourself, I guess--unless or until Debian updates their package.  Depending on
your experience level, building from scratch may be a little intimidating, but
it's really not too tough.

There's not usually much reason not to use the most recent release.  Major bugs
are pretty rare.  The second 2.8.4 prelease has been out for almost two weeks
without prompting any agonized moans from the users (that I've noticed), so
it's probably pretty safe.

--
Michael Warner
<address@hidden>