lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Home and End Keys Don't Work

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Home and End Keys Don't Work
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 05:16:00 -0400

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 11:24:12AM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> > In using xterm, home and end don't do anything for me inside of Lynx (they
> > do emit the escape sequences I posted earlier).  I was wonder what function
>
> 0000000 033   [   H 033   [   F
> is not the default for Lynx.  You'll either have to fix your terminal
> description file's khome and kend (terminfo or termcap), or define the
> respective KEYMAPs for HOME and END in lynx.cfg.
>
> Quite possibly wrong, but I think Lynx out of the box will accept
> "033 [ 1 ~" for HOME and "033 [ 4 ~" for END.

Lynx out of the box will accept whatever the terminfo entry for khome and
kend are (there are a number of hardcoded cases for quasi-vt320's which
apply for configurations that do not support the 'keypad()' function, which
is available in SVr4 curses, but the ones you mention are not among them).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com