lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Compiling lynx

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Compiling lynx
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 12:05:58 -0400

010501 Girish Gourishankar wrote to me:

please send all messages to  address@hidden , where everyone will see them.

> I want to use lynx on a HP-UX environment as a user (no sysad previleges).
> I downloaded the lynx2.8.3 file on to my server.

if you have a shell account, ie can run programs, incl a compiler,
you should be able to compile & install Lynx in your personal directories:
read  README  &  INSTALLATION  & ask again here if you have problems.
however, i don't know anything re HP-UX,
so maybe someone else among the Lynx community can give better advice.