lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Lynx2.8.4 on OS/2

From: WEIRICH
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx2.8.4 on OS/2
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:52:53 +0200

Gil wrote in part:

>This appears to be DOS-to-UNIX style newline conversion.

>What system is your server running on?

>What system is Lynx running on?  (I assume they're not the same,

I'm running Lynx2.8.4 on OS/2. The files to read with Lynx are stored on a
local disk.
I think it is a good practice to test new functions locally before failing
on the net.
Thus, I attempt to play a MP3 file via Lynx. WarpAmp is the MP3 player
currently used. Of course, when playing the MP3 file directly with WarpAmp
it plays well.

It also should play well when started from Lynx.
The problem is that Lynx modifies the original file when creating its
temporary copy. Might be it is interpreted as text file although it should
be handled as binary.

Karl