lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev question about dump

From: Eduardo Chappa
Subject: Re: lynx-dev question about dump
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 00:09:21 -0700 (PDT)

*** David Woolley (address@hidden) wrote in the Lynx list today:

:) >  I have a question that hopefully someone will know the answer. I want to
:) > use the command:
:) >
:) > lynx -dump http://some.address.com/file.gz > file_result
:)
:) You really want to use wget, not lynx.

Yes, I know. But my problem is that I need to write a script that will
download a specific file. Although wget may be the right tool to do the
job I feel it's better to assume that lynx is installed in the system than
wget (after all in my system wget is not installed). So I decided that I
would use lynx instead to do this job.

:) -source is better than -dump, but wget is really the only suitable
:) tool for downloading exact copies of files from the command line.
:) -dump is intended to save rendered HTML, not raw files.

I'll try -source then. Thanks a lot!

--
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/