[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 21:03:56 -0400
* rename KEYMAP 'EXTERN' to 'EXTERN_LINK', adding 'EXTERN_PAGE'. Existing
keymaps should work since 'EXTERN_LINK' matches first. EXTERN_PAGE runs the
external command on the current page. Map comma (,) to EXTERN_PAGE -TD
* replace most calloc calls with typecalloc or typecallocn -TD
* modify LYExtern.c to recognize if more than one EXTERN command has been
defined in lynx.cfg for a given name, and allow the user to select one
command from a popup menu -TD
* split-out code that opens lynx.cfg and lynx.lss as LYOpenCFG() function,
making that check if the given pathname is absolute. If not, it attempts
to look in the same directory as the parent file (when processing includes),
or the directory of the default config file -TD
* replace some explicit "r", "w", and "a+" fopen modes with TXT_R, TXT_W and
TXT_A, add/use corresponding BIN_R, BIN_W, BIN_A definitions. Correction to
OpenHiddenFile(), which would have appended text to a binary file -TD
* combined lynx_html_item_type and lynx_printer_item_type structs as
lynx_list_item_type to simplify LYReadCFG.c and incidentally fixing a bug in
add_printer_to_list by merging it with add_item_to_list -TD
* implement a simple workaround for staircased messages from running xli as an
external viewer, with lynx_nl2crlf() function -TD
* add bright-blue.lss sample (from IZ) -TD
* modify makefile.in's to use symbol _O for object suffix to allow simple
override for OS/2 EMX -Zomf compiler option (request by IZ) -TD
* add HAVE_LYHELP_H definition in config.hin and use that in LYGlobalDefs.h
to workaround misuse of HAVE_CONFIG_H in makelynx.bat -TD
* work-around in LYrefresh() when curses pads are used, for special case where
cursor is not set properly when prompting with long subject line for mailto
* eliminate some pointer mismatch compiler warnings in LYEditInsert() for
EXP_KEYBOARD_LAYOUT configuration -TD
* improve handling of tables with respect to bad HTML. Also took an
opportunity to macroize a couple of places which missed in
unobfuscation-of-faking <td></td> (this faking happens when line break
happens in a non-first column of a table) -IZ
<FORM ACTION="FrameWork.class" METHOD="post">
Note FORM which spans cells. -trace'ing it gives very unintuitive
results: it skips </TD> inside FORM, but not <TD>. Then it supplied
</TD> when the FORM ends.
* repair treatment of colspans in TRST, making it work again in one of the
special cases it worked before. Another bug was in interaction of
justification and tables -IZ
* marked more TRACEs in TRST as "BUG"s -IZ
* TRST would sometimes produce non-intuitive results if <td> follows </tr>.
Add error recovery for this case -IZ
* corrections for nested-table configuration -IZ
+ make trailing <BR> in table cells "behave well" again (the following cell
would not be horizontally offset).
+ fix highlighting of multiline links inside tables, and a "80M tracelog" bug
(due to a misprint update of the enclosing table was performed once-per-row
instead of once-per-table). Extra updates would not hurt, but led to
slowdowns and quadratic-size logs.
+ fix a special case with table-in-table for partial-display
* resizing a window on a console may lead to a switch of the character-cell
size. The "downloaded font" loaded during an auto-switch of display-charset
may be no longer valid. In this case, force a re-download of the suitable
font for the current charcell size -IZ
* add reverse-video style for forwbackw.arrow to lynx.lss -TD
* while an error in .lynx-keymaps is fatal, but a more or less equivalent error
in the KEYMAP section of lynx.cfg is benign. Make them both benign -IZ
* change remaining uses of lookup_keymap(LYK_xxx) to LAC_TO_LKC0(LYK_xxx) -TD
* modify set_clicked_link() to return lynx keycodes rather than character
* remove line_for_char() function since it is used for HTLine.start
* several changes to GridText.c -IZ
+ '#' (shown at the UL corner when there is a toolbar) is shown even at the
+ with mouse enabled, the first 6 chars in the UL corner were "always"
sensitive to Click-1, behaving as PREV_DOC (usually on Left). This patch
changes this logic (for color-style):
If '#' is shown there, clicking on it behaves as pressing #;
Clicking on the next 6 chars behaves as PREV_DOC/NEXT_DOC (3+3);
+ if you define a style for forwbackw.arrow, then suitable arrows are shown
in these 3+3 positions; in fact they are shown only if it makes sense to do
PREV_DOC/NEXT_DOC, providing additional feedback.
+ remove the first empty line shown on any HTML document.
+ correct an off-by-one error in the removal-of-zero-length-markup logic.
Due to this bug, zero-length markup was never removed, which led to
accumulation of style change entries, eventually to a buffer overflow. At
this moment lynx color-style engine would give up, resulting in
incomprehensible ocean of colors on the display. To demonstrate, make a
select entry with more than 46 entries. [My auto-display-charset logic
added 2 new encodings to the table of Lynx, bringing the number to 46 on
the 'o'ption form. ;-]
+ fixes a bug with incorrectly calculated width of a numeric tag 
as far as 12 is 10 or more (still fixes Debian #68542).
+ remove unused members from HTLine struct.
+ make variables underline_on and bold_on private.
+ rewrote insert_blanks_in_line(), splitting out move_anchors_in_region().
+ make split_line() easier to maintain by adding variables to represent
common subexpressions, e.g., s_post, s_pre.
+ use set_style_by_embedded_chars() in split_line() to simplify/improve test
for whether lynx should add a bold/underline control.
+ recode to eliminate HTLine.start
+ recode to eliminate HTLine.chars
+ several changes to split_line(), using pointers to HTChangeStyle structs
rather than array indices.
* adjust some ifdef's to make configure --disable-trace compile -TD
* correct allocation size in mailcap_substitute(), which did not count the
trailing null -TD
* add configure --enable-vertrace option, to put __FILE__ and __LINE__ into
trace log -PG
* improve description of USE_MOUSE in lynx.cfg -PW
* fix a few warnings from antic (unreached statements due to quirks of ifdef's,
incorrectly-indented code) -TD
* eliminate a few references to USE_HASH and LINKEDSTYLES in documentation -TD
* fix a couple of compiler warnings for SCO (report by BL)
* fix a comparison in HTChunkPutUtf8Char() to work with EBCDIC -PG
* fix a typo in LYCharUtils.c CTRACE macro, amend tracing to avoid suppressing
a related user message -PG
* change CF_TERMCAP_LIBS configure macro to warn rather than exit with an error
if it cannot find the libraries it is looking for. This allows one to
configure with the slang library on systems without a termcap library (report
by Atsuhito Kohda) -TD
; To UNSUBSCRIBE: Send "unsubscribe lynx-dev" to address@hidden
Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.20, Thomas Dickey, 2001/04/04
Small build problem on cygwin (was Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.20), bomfog34, 2001/04/05
- lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.20,
Thomas Dickey <=