lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Cygwin/Lynx Progress

From: Lloyd Rasmussen
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Cygwin/Lynx Progress
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 23:56:26 -0500

I have gotten a little further, using your Config.sh.  I am running
Cygwin, latest version (1.18).  McAfee 4.03 with very recent data
files does not complain about downloading it.

The linking process halted when it encountered the expression
"string_short" in lymainloop.c.  I examined that area of the code,
decided it had something to do with Japanese character processing
which I wasn't going to be using, and I commented out that line with
/* ... */.

A copy of Lynx is built, but there are several things wrong with it.
It seems to require the cygwin1.dll file in order to run.  The home
and end keys don't do anything; cursor keys, Pgup, Pgdn, space, b,
etc. do work.  Shift-Tab acts the same as Tab, moving to the next
link.  I think this configuration doesn't know it's supposed to be
compiled for Windows 9X/2000/NT.

I am a rank amateur when it comes to putting all this together, but
it looks like, with enough time and patience, Ican get Lynx to
compile properly.

The configure.sh which Iused looks like:

#!/bin/sh
# LIBS="-lrand48" \
./configure \
--disable-dired-override \
--enable-addrlist-page \
--enable-change-exec \
--enable-exec-links \
--enable-externs \
--disable-gzip-help \
--enable-prettysrc \
--disable-read-eta \
--enable-source-cache \
--libdir=/etc \
--with-screen=ncurses \
--with-ssl \
--with-zlib

On Wed, 07 Mar 2001 10:35:32 -0500, Doug Kaufman (by way of "Lloyd G.
Rasmussen" <address@hidden>) wrote:

>On rereading your note, I have a question. Why are you running
>autoconfig? That shouldn't be necessary. I am attaching the script
>that I used to build lynx2.8.4dev.16 with SSL support. With the
>current version you shouldn't need the "-lrand48". Let me know if you
>have any problems with this.
>                       Doug
>
>On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Lloyd G. Rasmussen wrote:
>
>> Cygwin.  I am doing this at home, and not here at work.  I downloaded all
>> of Cygwin, I think, downloaded the source for 2.8.4 dev 19 (the ZIP
>> version) and placed it in a /etc/lynx2-8-4 directory.  Autoconf ran for
>
>__
>Doug Kaufman
>Internet: address@hidden
>
>Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\config.sh"

Braille is the solution to the digital divide.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
home:  <address@hidden> <http://lras.home.sprynet.com/>
Work:  <address@hidden>         <http://www.loc.gov/nls/>