lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: Building Lynx2-8-4 - when did complicated/undebuggable

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Building Lynx2-8-4 - when did complicated/undebuggable "configure" scripts become the norm?
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 04:53:55 -0500

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 12:39:13PM -0800, Doug Kaufman wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>
> > the Microsoft one.  I've cygwin b20.1 on my older machine, but probably
> > will not install cygwin on the newer one since their downloads (according
> > to McAfee) have viruses attached.
>
> This sounds like an old false positive from McAfee. Is your McAfee
> engine up to date, in addition to your dat files? You should be using
> the superdats only to make sure the engine is up to date. Have you
> sent the suspect files to McAfee? I follow alt.comp.virus fairly
> closely. This would have created a large volume of posts if true.

another thought - since McAfee and cygwin do not coexist, it's likely
that not many people are using McAfee to screen downloads for cygwin.

That is, the version of cygwin which I do have as well as their faq
indicate that McAfee/cygwin cannot agree on who should own the dynamic
memory pool - one of the things I meant to check on was whether anything
had been done on cygwin's side to fix that.  Perhaps McAfee is repairing
their side by treating cygwin as a virus...

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com