lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.4 with OpenSSL

From: Patrick Ash
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx 2.8.4 with OpenSSL
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 06:50:23 +0000

I was able to get this to work with a little effort. I was not ever
able to define [sl]rand48 to [s]random anywhere and have it
recognized throughout the compile.

In looking at the archives, I found a post from Doug Kaufman on 11
Oct. 2000, and it referenced some code. I added the following to
http.c, and the compile completed without problem.

#ifdef USE_SSL
#include <HTNews.h>

// Add new OS/2 code here
#define lrand48() rand()/32767.0
#define srand48(sv) (srand((unsigned)(sv)))
//  End new code

#endif

The finished build seems to work fine, and passes high encryption
testing at several security checking sites.

Pat