lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.3 for Windows 98

From: James Phillips
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.3 for Windows 98
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:49:37 -0800 (PST)

--- Fiber McGee <address@hidden> wrote:
> The message below from "Michael Gillespie"
> <address@hidden> was forwarded by
> one of the list maintainers.
>
> >I installed Lynx onto my computer on the advice from a friend, but
> am unable
> >to get it up an running. Is there any simple way to get it up and
> running on
> >a Windows 98 machine? If not, is there a prior or a more recent
> version that
> >would be easier, or perhaps even an alternative program that would
> still
> >provide me with a text-only browser?

What I don't get is why bother with .bat files?

What I do to "install" LYNX is extract the archive to a folder
(such as c:\lynx) and then put a shortcut to lynx.exe on the desktop.
If I wanted, I could also put it in the "start menu".

Any options that you would want to modify are in the lynx.cfg file.

on a side note, the temporary director defaults to "C:\windows\temp".

-james