lynx-dev

lynx-dev lynx does not like ftp

From: Fiber McGee
Subject: lynx-dev lynx does not like ftp
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 21:39:48 -0600

The message below from "Olaf Zaplinski"
<address@hidden> was forwarded
by one of the list maintainers.

Hi *,

whenever I enter something like "lynx ftp://ftp.domain.org/pub/"; lynx
stalls; it then sits there telling me "Making FTP connection to
ftp.domain.org" and does nothing at all. I checked it with the plain command
line ftp: this works fast and lets me download the file while
lynx still says "Making FTP connection ...". BTW, I would like
to tell you which version I have here, but neither "lynx -v" nor "lynx -V"
wants to tell me. Perhaps it helps when I say that this lynx came with SuSE
Linux 7.0.

Regards
Olaf