lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx browser

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx browser
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 19:39:09 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Fiber McGee wrote:

> The message below from "TMyers"
> <address@hidden>
> was forwarded by the list moderator.
>
> >i cannot find a link to download a copy of your lynx browser for a
> >windows 95 operating system.  i have tried a couple different options

This sounds like you may be trying to download the version from
Hiroyuki Senshu's site. The page is in Japanese, but you can download
the binary. The current link is:
"http://www.shonai-cit.ac.jp/eci/senshu/lynx284jdev10.zip";

If you get that version, be sure to get the English documentation
and help files and to get the full version of the lynx.cfg file from
within one of the Japanese directories within the zip file.

It may be easier to start with the package from Jim Spath. Links to
the three sets of publically available lynx binaries for Win9x/NT are
on my web site. If for some reason, these don't work for you, I have a
recent version compiled with cygwin which I have not made publically
available, but the syntax for local files with that version will seem
strange to the usual Windows user. Write to me privately if you need
the cygwin version.

"http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/index.html";
                           Doug
__